IT MANAGER, PATIENT ACCOUNTING
UC Davis Health System
“The mission of the UC Davis Health System is discovering and sharing knowledge to advance health.
We pursue our mission through the education of physicians, medical investigators and heath-care providers;
research into new medical knowledge and applying it to the challenges that face our world;
and patient care and public service for our local and global community.”
Our client, UC Davis Health System (www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu), is seeking to fill a new, critical, IT management position to manage large scale, mission-critical, high end technology. The renown, $1.4 billion Health System is the region’s only academic medical center and is comprised of UC Davis Medical Center, UC Davis Medical Group, UC Davis School of Medicine, and the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing. The Health System is a world leader in TeleHealth, and is in the process of re-inventing and upgrading its information technology. The IT Manager reports directly to the Department Manager and will manage annual capital budget ranging from $500,000 to $10,500,000 for implementation, maintenance and refresh of healthcare system technologies. This position will also manage on a project basis business and technical analysts, system programmers, testing and training staff, and operational support required for the project deployment.
Expected outcomes for this position within the first 12 months include:
Within the first 30 days:
· Will have met with the department stakeholders/customers to understand how they may best be served and to begin building the relationship(s),
· Will have instilled confidence in the department’s stakeholders/customers for the individual’s passion for the department’s and organization’s mission, and dedication to excellence, collaboration and urgency.
Within 90 days:
· Will have assessed and developed a project plan for the conversion to ICD-10 for all billing related applications.
Within six months:
· Will have assessed the patient accounting software and related applications and initiated a plan for staffing, resources and conversions to implement EPIC’s Resolute Hospital and Professional Billing system.
Within six months:
· Will be regarded as a collaborative, customer-focused, effective manager and team member.
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate any combination of education, training and experience which would demonstrate the ability to successfully perform these duties and achieve these expected outcomes. Our client believes the following portrays the qualifications they seek:
- Experience in a large scale (500-600 bed), complex healthcare organization (large clinic or hospital), academic setting preferred.
- 10-15 years of health care patient accounting IT experience.
- Large group (30+) management experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Politically astute to organizational politics.
- EPIC Resolute Hospital and Professional billing deployment experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- A history of continuing professional development.
Other important professional competencies:
- Highly communicative and collaborative.
- A relationship-builder.
- Demonstrates a passion for the mission of the health system.
- An engaging leader.
- Successful multi-tasker.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an IT manager who wishes the next chapter of their career to be one of “giving back” or for a high-achieving, mid-career individual. Our client is offering the opportunity to help create and lead cutting edge, state-of-the-art technology for an organization dedicated to mission of health, located in a region long-known for its quality of life. The compensation package includes: a base salary of $100,000.00 to $129,000.00 and exceptional benefits (health and pension benefits estimated annual value of $30,000.00). Pre-screened, selected candidates will be invited to interview with the search committee on March 30 and 31, 2011.
For confidential consideration, please email your chronological resume (to include description and size of current/prior organizations and responsibilities) and compensation expectations to: UCDITPA@wilcoxcareer.com
Deadline for candidates is March 3, 2011
Wilcox Miller & Nelson, 100 Howe Avenue, Suite 155 North,
Sacramento, CA 95825